As a school, we are committed to remaining open as far as it is possible to do so.
In the event that we are required to close the school during the school day this will be communicated via:
- The school’s website
- Text messages to families via ‘Keep Kids Safe’
- An amendment to our status on Central Bedfordshire’s SOS system (see below).
- Local radio
In your child’s Linslade Learning Toolkit you will find instructions and a table, in which you should indicate what you would like us to do should we be required to close the school. Please complete this and sign so that we can respond quickly should the need arise. In the event we are unsure of your wishes, we will keep your child in school until we have been able to contact you. Please discuss your decision with your child so he/she is aware of what you would like him/her to do.
We would also ask all families to have contingencies in place in line with the option they have selected. However, please note that if it is not possible for pupils to be collected/to go home or to another destination, senior staff and staff based locally will remain in school to ensure the children are kept safe until parents/carers are able to collect them.
No pupil will be allowed to leave the school site unless we have heard from families to the effect this should take place.
We will provide up to date information about re-opening via the school website: www.linsladeac.co.uk, via our text messaging service, our Twitter page and via Central Bedfordshire’s SOS System (see below).
In the event that we are in the position where we need to close prior to the start of the school day:
- We will do all we can to communicate the decision to pupils, parents and carers as early as possible; ideally by 7.00a.m.
- The decision to close or to remain open will be taken following the receipt of information from the site team and staff who are based locally.
- The decision will be posted on the school’s website, Twitter page and will also be announced via local radio. (Heart and Three Counties Radio).
- We will also issue a text via ‘Keep Kids Safe’.
- We will also ensure an alert via Central Bedfordshire’s SOS facility (see below).
Central Bedfordshire’s SOS Alert System:
Central Bedfordshire Council now operates an information system ‘SOS’ to allow alerts to be sent to families with regard to school closures. To access this facility in advance, you are advised to sign up to this system by logging on to https://apps.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/webApps/SOS/ and register. If you registered for this service last year, you will be contacted direct to ask if you would like to renew your alerts for the winter months.
The SOS system also has the facility to provide highways reports on the state of the roads. All of these will be updated live on the website and email alerts will be sent to notify everyone who has registered.