It is our ambition at Linslade that every child reaches their full potential and receives the level of challenge and enrichment that allows them to continue their studies at Upper school and higher education as well as in the world of work.
We aim to ensure that all students who arrive at the school from our feeder schools as High Prior Attainers are continually stretched both inside and outside of the classroom. We run a comprehensive programme of activities and enrichment to ensure that High Prior Attainers receive a breadth of educational opportunities to reach their full potential.
The needs of Higher attaining pupils at Linslade are met by offering a range of provision dependent upon the needs and skills of each individual pupil. Where necessary the school may direct the children to outside groups or agencies which may meet their needs such as sports, dance or drama groups.
School provision may include:
- Lessons are planned with all pupils in mind and differentiated using a wide range of teaching styles, approaches to learning and opportunities for extension and enrichment
- Teachers and classroom support staff have high expectations
- Tasks are designed to take account of levels of existing knowledge, skills and understanding.
- School based activities:
- School council
- After-school and lunch time clubs
- Opportunities to take part in higher attaining projects
- Enrichment opportunities/days
- Specialist teaching and coaching
- Partnership with Secondary schools
All children make progress at different rates and have different ways in which they learn best. Teachers at Linslade take account of this in the way they organise their lessons and teach. Children making outstanding progress or showing particular strengths in one area may be given extra challenges or different tasks to help them succeed. This targeted support is overseen by the High Achievers Coordinator Mrs Parry.
If you wish to discuss your child’s needs, the support they are currently receiving or are concerned about how they are performing in school please contact your child's tutor in the first instance and they will share your concerns with our High Attainers Coordinator.